Mittwoch, 6. Februar 2008

One Februar/März 08 #














Translation
Tokio Hotel - Time of bilance
Running December,Bill and Tom offerd themselves a few days of rest well deserved under the sun of Maldive.Arnaud,one of our journalist,had the privilege to discuss with them on the phone and the occasion to make the balance of 2007 which was rich in events.The interview:
The appointment:
For a grey day in the middle of decembre, an e-mail from the german management of Tokio Hotel lands in my inbox as an answer of my several requests for an interview.Because yes,
contrary of what you think,evan i work for ''One'',i don't have the phone number of Bill either of Tom.
For every request of an interview,i am forced to pass by an agent(intermediate) and to make steps that takes plenty of time.All depends of the availability of the group.However,for some months,my great regret is that the availability isn't that often...But coming back to that famous e-mail.In his post,my interlocutor, who i will name him here Markus for confidential
reasons,informed me that Bill and Tom are now in the holiday,in an island of the Indian ocean,but if i want,i can call them at the Hotel for an exclusive maintenance. <> And how!
How can refuse an interview with Bill and Tom? Well,not me.
As much as i don't have bad questions to put them of the year which comes. I just want to know how was 2007 for them and what kind of memories they keep from all of those incredible moments. Does that interest you?
Call long distance
Two days later,at the agreed hour with the good old man Markus,i take the phone and i make the number which begins with a code totally unknown.Good blood(french expression),but in which country are these boys? I feel that my boss will throw again the mug,when they will receive the phone bill.
Well,that's it. It's ringing.<> a familiar voice answers.It's Bill Kaulitz on the phone.<>
I'm fine.But you guys?It seems you gild yourselves the pill under the coconuts?Where are you exactly?
<>a quick express in the internet hepls me to find better the location where the boys are.Yes,i know,geography is not my best one.
The islands of Maldive are in South of India, and approximately 8000 km from France.I dare hardly to imagine the prise of the call in that location...<><>I greet Tom and i ask how are they after the last time we spoke in Paris:<>It feels good to be somewhere in which nobody knows us and where we can take walks peacefully.
That makes a long time which we couldn't do that.So we took the chance and forget a littel of music and to do some other things.I've also learn fishing and i'm a very good one.It's a pitty,that Georg isn't here,i know him,he would be extremlly good to fish tuna!>>The jokes of this good old man Tom...evan
if the Indian Ocean separates him from Georg,he finds a solution to laugh at the distance...Well,it's very nice what you telll,but have an interview to take!Are you ready guys?

The year 2007 was very busy. Which event has impressed you the most in a career aspect ?
Bill - There are so many of them... The concert we gave in Paris in july, just under the Eiffel Tower, has been a very intense moment for me. Playing in front of 500 000 people was frightening and exciting at the same time... I don't know if the fans noticed it but, that day, I wasn’t feeling too confident on stage...
Tom - I quite agree with Bill. It's infrequent, but for once, I admit he has well answered the question... As for me, our first concert in Israel has impressed me a lot too. I didn't expect to meet as much fans in this small country. We dodged a riot and some fans even were injured. It was really impressive. That said, it's hard to choose a particular moment. This year was the one of the fulfilment of our most crazy dreams.

Which rumor has amused or annoyed you the most during this year ?
Tom - The rumor that, Bill said he was gay at his 18th birthday after drinking too much... it's made us die laughing ! Even though we truly had a wine birthday, from what I know, Bill had say anything like that. Unless that I'm not abreast of it. [Tom's talking to Bill] Hey brother, do you hide something from me ? They say that you have told you was gay on the net at your birthday... [laughs] The funniest in all that is that none of us has a personal blog...
Bill - This rumor truly made everybody have a laugh. But I'm the one who have had to answer the journalist's questions about it. And that, on the other hand, it was less funny...

What was your best fit of the giggles in this year ?
Bill - We often get a big fit of the giggles after the concerts. It's a way to eliminate the stress. When we're tired wa can spend hours laughing like dumbs at stupid jokes.
Tom - I don't know why besides, but it's often Georg's jokes. As soon as he starts telling us his half-assed stories with girls, we inevitably double up... [laughs]

Did you cry in 2007 ? And if yes, why ?
Bill - Crying, maybe not, but having tears in my eyes, often ! But only tears of joy, during the concert or when we receive moving fan letters. Sometimes I wept with rage. As the day when we were forced to cancel two concerts in France at the last tour because I was totally voiceless. I was so on edge that the tears came to my eyes. It was a terrible moment. And I swear I don't say that cause ONE is a french mag and to make it up...

If you could live one day of 2007 again, which would you choose ?
Tom - I would say the day when the album « Zimmer 483 » is released and it immediately shot to the top of the charts. We were very worried at the time of the release and we jumpede for joy when we heard the good news. Of course, we profited to party. It's one of those days that I would like to live again.

Little aside. At this moment, Tom's speaking to his brother : « Hey, speaking about parties, can you get me a drink again, Bill ? ». Then, aware that I probably heard what he said, Tom make it clear : « It's only orange juice, eh. Don't believe that we get drunk under coconut trees. That's not our style... »
But let's go back to the interview. I dare to ask a question below the belt. Tom should like it...

And about the girls, was 2007 a good year ?
Tom - Wait, I have to think... [Some seconds of silence] No, in fact, it's impossible to say it. I don't manage to count. Bill, don’t you have a calculator on your phone by any chance ? [laughs]
Bill [to Tom] - You're really crazy...
Tom - So, it's done, I calculated in my head. In total, I must have had 483 feminine conquests under my belt in 2007. That's what I planed in the beginning of the year, hense the album's title... Does it make you shocked ? [laughs]

If you would have to choose one word to qualify at best this year 2007, which would it be ?
Bill - Awesome !
Tom - « Beyond all our expectations ». Impossible to concentrate all of it in one word !

And what's the best present you received this year ?
Bill - Without hesitation, I would say the fans' welcome all through Europe, and particulary in France where we feel like home every time we come.
Tom - Yeah, that's a cookie answer... To be honnest, the most beautiful present I received, came from girls. Want me to do a drawing, Arnaud ?

How do you see 2008 ? Is there a event that you're particulary wainting for ?
Bill - First we'll be on tour through whole Europe. This will be great ! We'll meet our french fans again and, concerning me, even though I like to take it easy in Maldives, I'm already impatient of being on stage.
Tom - Our bigger challenge will be playing in the Parc des Princes in june 20. It's a mythical and very prestigious place cause very few artists have gone there. We'll be the first Germans to play over there so I can tell you that the pressure is already on. It's a immense pride for us ans I hope that all the fans will be there to share this moment. After the Parc des Princes, if it went well, we'll just have to do it again because I don't see what we'll be able to do better...
Bill - Don't talk nonsense ! Even after the Parc des Princes we'll have many challenges to take up. We can't stop there. Have you drunk too much orange juice, don't you ? [laughs]

What will be happen if you fans drop you and if the stadium isn't as filled as you hoped ?
Tom - Don't you have an other question by any chance ? [laughs] If you begin to put pressue on us, we'll never come back from the Maldives. I'm fine, here. The sun, the beach, the orange juice... I don't nee more to be happy. Ah yes, I only forgot one thing. There is no wench on this island ! Or else, I haven't found them yet. Thinking about it, it isn't normal besides. My well known charm wouldn't operate under the tropics ? [laughs]
Bill - I think Tom sunburned... Speaking of the Parc des Princes, it's true that there always is the risk of not filling the stadium. But we have confidence. No matter what happens, even though the concert isn't sold out, we'll be involved as much as possible, as we always do. Tom certainly will tease me saying this is a cookie answer but it's the truth.

Our interview ends with these words. While Bill and Tom bask again, I get back to work. Yes, some people work !

Keine Kommentare: